October 28, 1947Age:
David Dixon (born 28 October 1947) is an English actor and screenwriter. He was born at the Nightingale Maternity Home in Derby, near his father's shop in London Road, and brought up there before the family moved to Normanton in 1959.
Dixon's most notable role was in the 1981 BBC TV series The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, in which he starred as Ford Prefect. He also received critical acclaim for his portrayal of Ariel in the 1980 BBC version of The Tempest (directed by John Gorrie). He would later rejoin the Hitchhiker's Guide by lending his voice to the "Ecological Man" and the "Zirzla Leader" in Fit the Twentieth of the radio series, while Geoffrey McGivern, who had originally played the character on radio, returned to the role of Ford.
Despite a relatively sparse TV and film career, David Dixon has over the years acquired a loyal fan following online who call themselves "Dixonites".
- A Family at War (1970) (TV series) - Robert Ashton
- Escort Girls (1974) - Hugh Lloyd
- The Sweeney (episode "Big Brother", 1975) (TV) - Phil Deacon
- Jumping Bean Bag (1976, in (BBC TV Play For Today) - Ozymandias Freemantle
- The Legend of Robin Hood (1975) (miniseries) - Prince John
- Rock Follies (1976) (TV series) - PR Man
- A Horseman Riding By (1978) (miniseries) - Keith Horsey
- Lillie (1978) (miniseries) - Prince Leopold
- A Family Affair (1979) (miniseries) - Clifford
- The Tempest (1980) (TV) - Ariel
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (1981) (miniseries) - Ford Prefect
- The Missionary (1982) - Young Man...I said Young Man
- Cold Warrior (1984) (miniseries)
- Tutti Frutti (1987) (TV) - Stuart Gordon Inverarrity
- Circles of Deceit: Dark Secret (1995) (TV) - DI Ransome
- A Touch of Frost: Fun Times for Swingers (1996) (TV) - Barry Curzon
- Original Sin (1996) (TV) - Dr Wardle
[ Source: Wikipedia ]